Join us for a leisurely 1.5 mile walk along the Wisconsin River. Bring your dogs or just enjoy everyone else’s canine companions. The day includes fun activities for animal lovers, music, demonstrations, vendors, and a basket raffle. 300 participants expected — all dogs receive a bandana. All proceeds benefit the Human Society of Portage County.
Some of the highlights will be a flag color guard by the local VFW Post 10262, military working dog handler Don Burling, book signing by author Blake Hoena; author of “Stubby the Dog Soldier World War 1 Hero”, Police Canine table, Portage County Humane Officer table, Cycling Without Age, Point soda tastings, free children’s events, food, ice cream, a multitude of vendors, and a Patriotic Pet Fashion Show.
Schedule of Events & Activities
- Dogs and their owners are invited to participate in WALK FOR WAGS.
- 10:30 a.m. — Registration for walkers and their dogs
- 11:00 a.m. — 1.5-mile walk begins
- 12:30 p.m. — Pet fashion and costume contest
- Kids games
- Win great prizes and baskets with raffle tickets and games
- Beverage tasting, coffee & soda
- Face Painting
- Caricature artist
- Photo Booth
- Vendors will display pet products and services
- Walk held rain or shine
- Walk with or without a pet!
- Dogs must be on a leash and current on vaccinations
- Food and beverages available for purchase or included if registered for the walk